Wednesday 29 November 2017

Why Indie Magazines Are The Future Of Print

Indie magazines are becoming more and more popular and its obvious why. They're raw, more thought provoking and intriguing. The photography has deeper meaning and I prefer the style. They discuss issues and ideas that questions society and culture. I won't pick up a copy of mainstream fashion magazines, the likes of Cosmo because they are colourful and have a fake nature to them. Indie magazines also each have their own niche in the fashion world. My favourites are i-D, Heroine, Dazed, Love and Wonderland. I am also excited to find new ones. They push boundaries because they are produced independently like indie films. It's where I look if I am trying to find some inspiration.

In a recent seminar, we looked at layouts of our favourite magazines and I chose Heroine because I have recently found it whilst in flicking through some in Ideas on Paper. It is visually so appealing starting from the cover that is just an image, no text like a photo book. The layout isn't typical with the three columns. However, has a variety of visual contrast that keeps me interested whilst reading. One of my favourites was the column of bold text, another image then another column of regular text.   It definitely gives me inspiration for my own work that I will be doing on InDesign.






Love,
Shaleen
xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig