Friday 27 October 2017

Jeremy Scott, The People's Designer.


I am always interested in finding new films to watch whether they're classics or recent films. I came across a fashion documentary on Jeremy Scott. I've always known his name but didn't look into him and what he's about. He's the creative director of Moschino as well as having a line of his own and one with Adidas. Scott seems much more close and personal with the younger generation. I think that is probably because of his incorporation of pop culture and his friends in the industry such as Katy Perry, Madonna, Miley and Beyonce. He says he is inspired by history and the icon that is LA. Los Angeles is the home of Hollywood that influences the public's fashion taste but is yet to become a major fashion capital.


"I want to become a fabric of their life." – Jeremy Scott 

Also, he is known for blending high fashion with street style. I like that he is neither serious nor commercial, something you don't see often with high fashion designers. His collections are niche and stand out, many stating him as 'fashion's last rebel.' I say fashion isn't just clothing but art and he definitely shows this as the pieces are fun and colourful. He has a postmodern, cartoon aesthetic and has been called fashion's equivalent to Andy Warhol, which I do see. The clothing is loud and elegant, they come alive. 


We had a big minimalism comeback with the 90s revival but currently maximalism is in. Jeremy Scott is portraying this as well. I loved the film's background insight into his mindset and where he has come from. It was honestly inspiring to see his journey from finding internships and sleeping on metros before finally showcasing his talents on runways. 



"I don't speak Italian but I do speak Moschino." – Jeremy Scott 

Love, 
Shaleen 
xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig