Friday 13 October 2017

Think Pink.


Initially when I was given the colour pink I was pretty pleased as I love the look of soft hues and pastel tones. However, when given the brief to include negatives towards pink I was stumped for what I didn't like. Researching into the colour, I realised I have a love/hate relationship with pink; I dislike anything hot pink or similar. It reminds me of the tacky side of pink and the asscociations to Paris Hilton circa 2000s (a very unfortunate decade for fashion).

"Pink is not a colour- its a culture to me."– DeAngelo Williams

When creating my two mood boards the one representing all things I love was easier because I collected everything I found aesthetically pleasing. On the other hand, the over it side was difficult because there was less for me to search up about. My course is more than just fashion therefore I look into culture and lifestyle as well as trends. This stigma that pink is only for girls interested me and the rise of men wearing pink. On my love it mood board, I explored the different connotations pink gives depending on who's wearing it. It can be classy, rebellious, seductive; it is a versatile colour. Some of my favourite images of men wearing pink are below. 



Everything wrong with pink stems from hot pink. Its the shade used most for girls parties, toys and rooms. It is predictable and it looks cheap. Walking past River Island window showcasing shocking pink really wasn't inviting. Below are some pictures I found of street style I am not the biggest fan of. Sorry Gigi Hadid who appears quite a few times. 


Writing my first blog post was definitely daunting at first but with practice this should hopefully become natural. 

Love, 
Shaleen
xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig