Wednesday 17 January 2018

What I ate in NY

Only on holidays do you eat out everyday of the week but as a foodie and being in one of the best food cities I ate a lot of different stuff. I had definitely done my research on where to eat before I got there and can't say anywhere we ate disappointed me.

Shake Shack

I had eaten here the last time I came and have tried the ones in London but couldn't wait to have one again from the original city. I had the bacon shackburger and fries with a coffee shake. It was delicious and I ate it really quickly and if you know me, I usually take breaks. The second time we went I had the bacon cheese fries and they were better than the normal ones for sure!



Joe's Pizza

I didn't realise how famous this chain was until we got there and saw the display of celebs who have visited whilst in NYC. I found it on Youtube recommended and was surprised by the prices for the slices. I ordered a cheese and pepperoni slice each and loved looking round to see who'd been here. My friend and I were particularly happy to see Leo.



by Chloe

A vegan cafe that I am sure you have seen on Instagram somewhere. The last time I was in New York I tried getting a seat in the one near Washington Square Park and the place was filled. It was the middle of the afternoon in summer so understandably. I was hungry so I left it but being back at a quieter time of year I had to make sure we got in. We arrived at opening time so the place was empty which quickly filled as we sat. I had the avocado on toast with chickpeas and an iced coffee. It was worth it!



Takumi

The Japanese take on Mexican was a find whilst walking around Chelsea Market and it was a good choice. I got the beef tacos and nachos on the side. I thought the nachos were plain and by mistake added spicy salsa and was dying for a good 5 minutes. My friends laughed at me whilst the water was making it worse but in the end the plain nachos stopped the burning after all.



Russ & Daughters 

Bagels can be found everywhere and should be cheap street food, however we chose one close to Central Park and it was a sit down bagel restaurant. It was still very good though. I got a classic cream cheese and salmon bagel board. If you don't mind paying a bit more for your bagels, head here!



Hard Rock Cafe

I hadn't been to one in years and theres one conveniently in Times Square so we decided to have dinner there. I wanted a diner milkshake which is what I got and chicken mac and cheese. The portions were massive and I did end up packing some home to eat later! The atmosphere is great especially the decor of the guitars on the walls.



Jack's Wife Freda

Another brunch recommended by various locals. It was a lot smaller than I expected with a queue coming out the door. It clearly is very popular but we were seated soon enough before thinking of going to the next nearest one. The menus are so cute as is the food and coffee. Even the little sugar packets that I made sure I read each one of the sayings. I got the poached eggs on toast with halloumi and a latte which changed from a leaf to a heart. The food looked small but the food was filling.



Bubba Gump

I am not going to lie, I hadn't seen the film only clips before going and my friends were shocked so I have watched it since being back. The restaurant is of course from the film Forrest Gump. My dad pointed it out to me in San Francisco and I was like cool but didn't go but when my friend suggested it we had to go. The staff were so nice and the atmosphere was very cool. They even gave us a list of places we could go at night being under 21 here. Unfortunately there were clubs for my 19 year old friends but me being a 18 couldn't get in! I will definitely come back here when I am legal because I've want to go to 1 Oak! I had the fish burger and strawberry lemonade as I am not much of a seafood fan.


Love,
Shaleen
xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig