Monday 1 January 2018

2017.

I was asked what my highlights of the year was and it got me reflecting and going through my pictures in my phone. It was lovely to see all the things that have happened this year that I may have forgotten. 2016 was a great year for me and I knew 2017 would be just as good and I wasn't wrong!

A lot has happened but these are my highlights:

Apr 26th '17

DMA's. I saw one of my favourite bands, DMA's for the first time and it was a great night. You'll see gigs appear a lot during this year because they're my happy place. They're so fun and entertaining, I've usually bought my next one before the upcoming gig! DMA's are a small band but if you don't know them already you should check them out. I prefer the smaller venues, this one being in Brixton because its more personal.


Jun 16th '17

My 18th birthday. Being finally legal was exciting and I celebrated a few times. From brunch at Granger and Co to dinner at the Sky Garden. Of course, clubbing for the first time with my friends was all memorable.




Jun 30th '17

Prom. It marked the end of 7 years with the same people. Even though I'm glad high school has finally ended, the friends I've made there are forever.



Jul 1st '17

Community Festival. My first festival which was only a day but the lineup was the best I am going again this year.




Aug 1st '17

California. A beautiful state and an amazing road trip. My dad, sister and I went to California for 2 weeks and we saw a lot from San Fran to LA. It was interesting to see the state again after going 10 years ago which I don't remember. I still love it as much as I did back then.

Golden Gate Bridge

Painted Ladies

Malibu

Hiking Runyon Canyon Park

Urban Light at LACMA

Lake Tahoe
Aug 28th '17

Croatia. One holiday is never enough so my mum surprised me with a vacation to Croatia, a hotspot of summer 2017 for a week. I do love Europe.



Lokrum island exploring 


Sept 30th '17

Uni. I left home and moved to Nottingham to start Fashion Communication and Promotion, a course I love and that represents me. I have met so many new people, even at gigs like Sundara Karma and explored the clubs to which I've decided Coco Tang and Rock City are my favourites.

a mad gig 

The Magic Gang



Nov 10th '17

Norwich. I missed seeing my friends from home so visiting them was a fab weekend. I met new people and experienced a new place.




Dec 11th '17

Coming home. I didn't come home once during my time in first term but might do that more often next term because I was definitely overwhelmed. Its nice to have people in 2 places to come see.




I hope 2018 is filled with more new experiences and friends.

Love,
Shaleen
xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig